Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce Braintee Chamber of Trade and Commerce

Archive

Friday, 16th November 2012
Skills for Economic Growth


We want businesses to lead the decision on the training course and provider so the application form asks them to put forward their preferred training provider. We will review the proposed providers to ensure that the training offers good value for money but, in most cases, we hope that the business will be able to use their preferred provider to deliver the training. We hope that this will mean that the programme will offer businesses a very flexible way for them to get the skills that they need to grow their business.
We have quite a tight timescale to deliver the programme and so all training funded by the programme will need to be completed in full by 31st March 2013. Training must also be equivalent to levels 3 or 4+ (there must be some level of complexity to the skills that the businesses will gain so we cannot fund basic skills). Essex County Council will contribute 70% of the cost and the business will need to contribute the remaining 30%. Full details on the eligibility criteria is listed on the website (www.essex.gov.uk/skillsgrowth).
If you have any questions about the programme then I would be happy to discuss these with you; please email me at this address or call me on 07881615533. I would also welcome any feedback from you on the programme and so if you have any comments or suggestions for improvements please let me know.

matt.willis@essex.gov.uk

A host of historic information can be found in our easy to use database - happy hunting!

Other Archived Stories

August 2017
April 2017
September 2014
September 2013
November 2012
April 2012
October 2010
Jan 2018
S
M
Tu
W
Th
F
S
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Braintree Businesses

A database of Braintree Town Centre businesses is available here.

Useful Links:

ACAS
Bank of England Monthly Report
Braintee, Halstead & Witham Citizens Advice
Braintree Foodbank
Public Art Directory
British Retail Consortium
George Yard

Business & Community Heroes:

A plaque has been presented by Chamber to George Yard Shopping Centre, to put on public view. The plaque honours the contributions made by George Shiffner, David East, David Possee and Jean Stock to the town community.

The plaque was unveiled by Chair of Braintree District Council Cllr Janet Money on Saturday 15th October 2011.

Jean Stock
George Shiffner
David Possee
David East
Ken Few
Ann Rolls

Follow BraintreeChamber on Twitter